Our Expert Technicians Can Help You Find Solutions
The expert technicians at APEX Radon can provide solutions for elevated radon levels using drain tile radon mitigation for Denver Metro area homeowners. Using the latest technology and engineering, our drain tile radon mitigation efforts can greatly decrease the amount of radon present in your home. Below, we are going to go over what drain tile radon mitigation is and how it can help you and your family stay safe.
What is Drain Tile Radon Mitigation?
Drain tile radon mitigation systems, which are also commonly known as French drains or perimeter drains, are installed by builders in homes where water problems could be an issue. Using an existing drain for radon mitigation can drastically increase the effectiveness of removing the harmful gas. When a vacuum is attached to the existing drain system a new pathway is created for the radon to travel through, which makes these systems the most successful way to mitigate a home where elevated radon levels are a concern. We can typically access the drain by digging down at ground level or into a window well so it won’t negatively affect the drain system throughout your home. If we’re unable to access the drain from this point, we can also use the actual sump pit to draw from. Since the sump pit is attached to the drain, this access point will cover the entire foundation. Drain tile radon mitigation systems produce the lowest possible post-mitigation radon levels, with or without a sump pump installed in your home.
What are the Benefits of Drain Tile Radon Mitigation?
If you’ve ever wondered, “Do I need drain tile for radon mitigation?” our technicians can perform radon testing to give you an answer and help find a solution. There are several benefits to installing a drain tile radon mitigation in your home, including:
- Safety of Family Members – If radon exposure is a concern for you as a homeowner, it’s important to hire professionals to test the levels and implement a proper mitigation system. Exposure to high levels of radon over time can pose serious health risks, including a higher risk of lung cancer and other respiratory related illnesses. When you have a drain tile radon mitigation system installed, you can be sure your family is safe and secure.
- No Damage to Drainage System – It might sound like an invasive way to mitigate the radon levels in your home, but the installation process won’t do any damage to your home’s existing drainage system. In most cases everything during the installation process is done on the exterior of the home, which means no holes are drilled in the basement or through the exterior wall.
- Effective Solution for High Radon Levels – By using this drain tile solution for radon mitigation, you can greatly increase the effectiveness of removing the harmful gas from your home. Because removing and mitigating radon can be a complicated process, it’s important that you hire a reliable and experienced installation company like APEX Radon to get the job done effectively and safely.
What Other Services Do We Provide?
Aside from drain tile radon mitigation, our skilled technicians are fully equipped to provide solutions for all your radon concerns with the following services:
- Radon Mitigation – Our team has helped homeowners rid themselves of this dangerous gas by installing radon mitigation systems. These devices disperse the hazardous gas to the outside, where it can break down safely in the atmosphere.
- Radon Testing – It is critical for homeowners to test for high levels of radon gas to stay safe and preserve the health of your loved ones. At APEX Radon, we provide accurate radon testing to our customers.
- Sump Pump & Sump Pit Installation – A functional sump pump is essential for keeping your interior dry and your home free from radon gas. If your sump pump is malfunctioning, the water may make its way back into your home, causing further damage.
- Crawlspace Vapor Barrier Installation – Sealing a crawlspace with a vapor barrier reduces mold and allergies that are produced from the exposed earth. It also creates a clean surface so the space can now be used for storage.
- Real Estate Radon Inspection – We provide radon inspections for realtors and real estate transactions. Let APEX Radon help reduce the stress of buying and selling a home that needs tested for radon.