I’m very happy with the radon abatement system that was installed in my home. Everyone at Apex Radon was very professional. They showed up when scheduled, performed the work quickly and expertly, and the radon monitoring device I had previously purchased showed a decline in radon gas from greater than 8 to less than 4. The price was reasonable, so I couldn’t be more satisfied.
- Radon gas causes cancer and could be in your home. This radioactive gas comes from natural uranium breakdown in soil, rock and water and gets into the air you breathe.
- Although you can’t see, smell or taste radon it may be a problem at your home or business.
- Radon causes many thousands of deaths each year, because when you breathe air containing radon, it can cause lung cancer.
- The Surgeon General warns that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and are breathing radon in your home, your risk of lung cancer is much higher.
- Radon is found almost everywhere in the U.S.
- Radon can be found in any type of building in high levels.— homes, offices, and schools. But you and your family will most likely get your greatest exposure at home or where you spend the majority of your time.